Re: updates, schmupdates

To: <s1500@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: updates, schmupdates
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:42:25 -0700
The sole purpose of the regulator is to maintain the proper fuel pressure to
the carb(s).  So for it to wormk, it must be installed between the pump and
the carb(s).  If after installing the regulator, you are obtaining much
better mileage, my guess is that it is due to the elimination of a loss of
fuel fhrough the carb overflow.  If the fuel pressure is too high , it will
overdrive the float valve and the excess fuel will drain out the overflow
pipe, reducing your fuel mileage and causing the smell of raw fuel, if not
also causing paint to be removed from the frame where the raw fuel drips
down.

Regards,
Joe