Re: PDWA SWITCH MK3 (Safety Switch for dual brake)

To: Paul-Ernest Levesque <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>,
Subject: Re: PDWA SWITCH MK3 (Safety Switch for dual brake)
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:41:11 -0400
At 10:10 AM 7/6/2006, you wrote:
>Does someone know how to check that PDWA nylon switch, I have it in my hand?
>Paul

If the pressure-sensing plunger is non-centered, the switch contact will be
shorted to the switch body.
If the switch is shorted, you have to "re-center" the plunger by applying
pressure to one side or the other., or removing the end cap(s).

But these switches usually die from internal corrosion causing leaks.

Even if the switch is working, it is basically useless, in my opinion.
If one hald of the brake circuit has failed, you won't need a
dim little red light to let you know!

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org