Re: Right and Left Steering

To: "Paul-Ernest Levesque" <pelevesque@globetrotter.net>,
Subject: Re: Right and Left Steering
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:12:18 -0700
There are no stops at all.  The Spitfire is regulated by the limits of the
rack itself.  If it is turning too far one way, you probably do not have the
rack centered.

What you can do is disconnect the coupler from the rack and rotate it all
the way to lock one direction, then rotate it the other way counting the
turns until it locks again the other way.  Knowing the number of turns lock
to lock will allow you to rotate it back 1/2 the numbers of turns to find
the center.

You may find that there is a depression in the center of travel to help you
find it.  once you have positioned the rack at center, you can center the
steering wheel and reattach the couplet to the rack.

Joe

If the tires are contacting the frame or sway bar, you may have wheels with
the wrong offset.