Texas spitfire in need of new home

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Texas spitfire in need of new home
From: "Alan Stiebing" <astiebing@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:45:22 -0600
Hello everyone,

Years ago I purchased a spit in much need of help.  The PO wrecked the car
and I got it cheap.  I started the restoration process and then had a slight
career change and it has sat for the past 5 years in my garage waiting for
me to finish.

Unfortunately my situation has changed yet again and I have to move.  In the
end I will not have a place to continue my work on the car.

All of the damage was on the passenger side.  I have removed almost all of
the damaged areas (which is most of the right side of the car and floor
board) and I have acquired most of the panels to replace them.

Here is the deal.  I would prefer the car go to someone that will either
finish the job or at least salvage as much as they can to keep another car
on the road.  If you have the ability to haul this car, then it and all the
panels are yours.

The car is in Arlington Texas.  That is in North Texas between Dallas and Ft
Worth.  You can email me off the list if you are interested.

As for the engine and tranny.  It is a 1977 1500 with overdrive.  When I
first got the car it ran and drove.  But it has been a few years since I
have tried starting it and dont have time to go thru the proper procedures
to test it now.

I hope someone here can use this.  Also, my time table is very short.  So,
let me know ASAP if you are interested.

Thanks,

Alan Stiebing
77 Spitfire (for the moment)