Re: [Spits] GT-6 MK3 in Georgia

To: "'Daniel Parrott'" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] GT-6 MK3 in Georgia
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:08:05 -0500
Hi Dan,

My opinion is it's an early '72.  I think '72 started at commission number
KE/KF10001.  While engine numbers usually don't match commission numbers
exactly, KF10676UE is far enough past KE/KF10001 to fit in as a '72.  You
might be able to get more info from the frame number, as those ran
consecutively throughout GT6 production.  www.triumphspitfire.com has a lot
of info on the production numbers.

'73 started at KE/KF20001, so it certainly isn't a '73.  '73 also had non-
rotoflex rear suspension.

BillG
Newalla, OK