[Spits] GT-6 Rear Engine Plate

To: <Triumph_GT6_Enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Spits] GT-6 Rear Engine Plate
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:57:58 -0400
In fitting my new Ford Type 9 5 speed transmission to my GT-6 engine, I
discovered that the bolt holes for the alloy rear engine plate do not align
with the bell housing bolt holes.  I got the top three in, the ones that go
into the block, but none of the other bold holes line up.  I suspect that
the engine builder actually used a TR-6 alloy rear engine plate instead of a
GT-6.  Does anyone out there know if the TR-6 rear engine plates are
identical to the GT-6 rear engine plates?

Next, since I finally got the brass bushing and the transmission input
shafts to work together, would it be advisable to just drill some more holes
into the rear engine plate to accept the bell-housing, or do I need the
correct GT-6 bell housing before I continue?

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Ga

1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ"

1972/1978 Spit Six Project car "Joseph"