[Spits] Spitfires Digest, Vol 4, Issue 69 Brake pipe

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Spitfires Digest, Vol 4, Issue 69 Brake pipe
From: RON OHLENKAMP <ronohlenkamp@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:35:03 -0700
Brake Pipes??????
 Well folks,

I sure am acquiring a new language with the purchase and maintenance of my
wifes 63 Spit "Dibs" and talking with all you friendly people here. Bonnet=
Hood, Boot= Roof,  Fender = Bumper, Bumper = Fender, Spanner = End wrench
etc..etc.... I complain a little, however, the lingo and advice I recieve here
is invaluable AND entertaining. Thanks to all of your concise and technical
advice, you make all of my spanner-turning events under the bonnet less
frequent, and much more enjoyable! What a fun group and a fun car.

Thank you all,

Ron Ohlenkamp

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:59:10 -0400
>

> I am replacing the brake pipes on my 1980 Spitfire. I need a picture of the
> short brake pipe on the back side of the brake backing plate on the drivers
> side.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Charles Reid
> 1980 Triumph Spitfire

> Front or rear? I can supply either.
>

> Dan Parrott
> Savannah, Ga

> I did this very thing a few years ago. I'll try to remember not to
> forget to take a pic. Driver's side. Front or rear? What are you
> hoping to learn?
>
> --
> Jim Muller
> jimmuller@rcn.com
> '80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message:>
> Backing plates are found on drum brakes.
>
> Over the years I've been tempted to have the mail
> server take any messages with no subject and just
> chuck them in the bit bucket.
>
> mjb.

> I replaced this very same brake pipe a few weeks ago. I purchased the pipe
> from TRF, and it came with all correct fittings. I had to bend it to fit,
but
> with a lot a patience (and reference to the old pipe) I was able to
> successfully do it. I would advise purchasing a pliers-type brake pipe
bender
> from Eastwood (or perhaps you can get it elsewhere) and I also used a pipe
> bender that enabled 180 degree smooth bends (purchased from McMaster-Carr)
> be made.
> Matt M.'77 SpitfireWillow Grove, PA

Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID283
26::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

Spitfires@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive