Re: [Spits] Rear GT6+ steel brake line needed

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Rear GT6+ steel brake line needed
From: "Don Boyd" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:05:15 -0800
This line is easily made if you have the right equipment. Use "cunifer"
(copper/nickel) line, and it will never rust , and is much easier to work than
the steel stuff. Don't use stainless. It's too hard to work, flare , and it's
brittle. Don't use an old steel line.   There is a reason Volvo, BMW, and
Porsche all use cunifer. If you know exactly what you need, I can make it up
for you. I have some of the various brit fittings, the hydraulic presses for
the flares, and new cunifer line. It will cost about $20. Sorry, this is how I
make a living, so......  You could harvest cunifer line off of a wrecked Volvo
and use your ends. They have used it since at least 1977. (I'm a Volvo/BMW
mechanic) E-mail me privately if you want to pursue.

Don Boyd
Mechanical Services
5034 Mutiny Bay Rd.
Freeland WA. 98249