Re: [Spits] Triumph GT6 overdrive shift lever (155301)

To: v6spitfireguy v6spitfireguy <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Triumph GT6 overdrive shift lever (155301)
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:07:43 -0400
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net

--000000000000c768e30594e3956b

Is the GT6 OD  shift lever different than the Spitfire OD lever?

Doug

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019, 2:35 PM v6spitfireguy v6spitfireguy <
v6spitfireguy@cox.net> wrote:

> Since the GT6 overdrive gear shift lever for the knob mounted switch (par=
> number 155301) is made of unobtiainum and finding hens teeth is easier th=
an
> locating a used one, I would like to machine another, correct one for my
> GT6.  Originally when I machined the one  in my car now, I didn=E2=80=99t=
 have a
> GT6 lever only a Spitfire Non OD lever, and I patterned it after that.
> However they are a bit longer than the GT6 overdrive ones and I haven=E2=
=80=99t
> been able to find a correct lever or even one in a car to measure it.  So
> if anyone has a GT6 with overdrive, and could give me a measurement I can
> extrapolate the rest.  The current OD lever I made, when shifted into fir=
st
> gear measures 10 inches from the top rear of the tunnel to the highest pa=
rt
> of the shift knob cap (the one with the switch in it).  If I could get a
> similar measurement from a GT6 with the original OD lever in it, I can
> guesstimate the rest.  I don't want the column mounted switch, I LIKE the
> lever mounted one, but I would like it to be the correct length.
>
> Of course, I would prefer to just purchase one if reasonable...
>

> Barry Schwartz

--000000000000c768e30594e3956b

n Mon, Oct 14, 2019, 2:35 PM v6spitfireguy v6spitfireguy &lt;<a href=3D"mai=
lockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px =
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

   =20
h (part number 155301) is made of unobtiainum and finding hens teeth is eas=
ier than locating a used one, I would like to machine another, correct one =
for my GT6.=C2=A0 Originally when I machined the one =C2=A0in my car now, I=
 didn=E2=80=99t have a GT6 lever only a Spitfire Non OD lever, and I patter=
ned it after that.=C2=A0 However they are a bit longer than the GT6 overdri=
ve ones and I haven=E2=80=99t been able to find a correct lever or even one=
 in a car to measure it.=C2=A0 So if anyone has a GT6 with overdrive, and c=
ould give me a measurement I can extrapolate the rest.=C2=A0 The current OD=
 lever I made, when shifted into first gear measures 10 inches from the top=
 rear of the tunnel to the highest part of the shift knob cap (the one with=
 the switch in it).=C2=A0 If I could get a similar measurement from a GT6 w=
ith the original OD lever in it, I can guesstimate the rest.=C2=A0 I don&#3=
9;t want the column mounted switch, I LIKE the lever mounted one, but I wou=
rrer">Spitfires@autox.team.net</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>