Re: Ready to pull Engine/Tranny

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ready to pull Engine/Tranny
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 16:33:47 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 03:19 PM 10/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am restoring my 1967 Sprite, 1275 engine.  I have reached the point that I
>need to pull the engine and transmission.  Everything is disconnected, bolts
>removed, the engine/tranny should lift right out, given proper connections
>and lift device.  My question is--What do I bolt the chain to in order to
>lift the engine out?  What is the proper connection point?  Thanks for any
>and all replies.
>
>-----David
>      1967 Sprite (Victoria, aka, Vicky)

Although many attachment points could be used, I elected to use the rear
exhaust manifold stud hole and a generator mounting hole.  A photo of a
proper lifting device and this setup when installing the engine in my 67
Sprite may be viewed from the link on http://www.probe.net/~lmyer/lmyer.htm.
I thought about the valve cover bolts, but thought the severe angle
necessary to get the engine/trans in as an assembly might damage the valve
train.

Regards,

Les Myer
lmyer@qtm.net