Re: car covers

To: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Subject: Re: car covers
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 10:59:20 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Tyson Sherman wrote:

> Robert,
> Try the technalon 2 cover.  It's around $150+ in
> Moss, but I found the same exact one at AutoZone
> for $110.  I had to buy a size too large to fit my
> B but it keeps it dry except in the largest downpours.
> You could also try a tarp (they leak too).
>
> Tyson

My thoughts on car covering.
I have seen too many cars reduced to a pile of junk BECAUSE they were
covered by a tarp for a longer time.  The tarp doesn't breathe, so any
moisture that gets under there, by condensation for instance, stays there.
If the sun comes out and hits the covered prize, the climate under the
tarp will be one resembling a turkish steam bath and you can watch the
thing rust.
I don't have experiences with expensive car covers that breathe, but I
can't imagine them to be water proof from one side but breathable from the
other.

I think a waterproof tarp somehow affixed over the car with no direct
contact to the car and open sides to facilitate air exchange would be
close to ideal.  Maybe you could make something by putting long 2x4s on
the top of the car and a tarp over it, open front and back?

Just my thoughts...

                                                           '67 Sprite