[Fwd: Re: Need Washer Pump]

To: Spridgets Mailgroup <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Need Washer Pump]
From: "Dennis Bufton" <bufton@tenet.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:24:33 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
--- Begin Message ---
To: trummel@caa.army.mil
Subject: Re: Need Washer Pump
From: bufton@tenet.edu
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:00:34 -0700
Reid,

Out of curiosity (several years ago) I dissected one of my many failed
washer pumps.  It's simple but clever.  It's nothing more than a
squeeze-bulb and a plunger in an aluminium case.

A friend of mine in the North Texas AHC fabricated a new case with a
sealed piston.  He used the original mount and plunger shaft/knob for
appearance.  Unfortunately it didn't work.

I would think you could rebuilt a stock one if you applied patience,
perseverance, and creativity.  Or you could carry a squirt bottle in the
boot.

DB

trummel@caa.army.mil wrote:

> Howdy friends,
>
> Great to have our own Sprite/Spridget/Midget list, eh?  Hope you can help
> me.
>
> I'm pretty new to Sprites and I need a windscreen washer pump (the little
> cylindrical deal with three connections for plastic hoses that goes behind
> the dash) for my Bugeye.  I called some of the traditional repro parts
> suppliers (Moss, Motorhead, Mini Mania, etc.), but no luck.  Would much
> appreciate any leads on acquiring one that works!
>
> BTW, can they be repaired?  I have the original, but it just doesn't work.
>
> Cheers!  Reid Trummel
> AN5L31998

--- End Message ---