Rump prints on my bonnet

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rump prints on my bonnet
From: jphender@inav.net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:02:59 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all,

Upon stripping the most awful diaper-filling-brown paint from the bonnet
(aka hood) of my '69 MKIV, I found a deposit of bondo.  This was
apparently placed there to fill the divot made by someone sitting on it
and caving it in.

I can force it back out, but it pops back in easily.  Even if I do force
it out, there are small ripples that will require some spot filler.

Any body guys out there that can recommend:
1. A sure-fire method to repair this with long-term stability
or
2. To just get a good used bonnet.

Also, does anyone know how to wire the coil to the bonnet to help it repel
future attacks?  ;-)

Thanks!

Jim