More Rear Shocks

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More Rear Shocks
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 97 18:17:38 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I tryed Franks suggestion on removing the top three leafs from the springs.
This certanly makes it eaiser to compress the spring to install the shock but
the shock is still fully extended when the weight is on the wheel.  Also the
springs are too soft for my taste so am going to add a leaf back and see how
that feels.  I may have to try to find someone to de-arch them.  I had an
e-mail address for Spax so sent them a note describing the problem to see if
they have any suggestions.  Have not received a reply as yet.  It looks to me
like the shock is just too short but spoke with VB and they said it is the
right one.  Thats about all I could get out of them.

Has anyone installed the Spax gas shocks?.  Would it be possible to measure it
and let me know how long it is?  Also how far from the floorpan the top
mounting bolt is?

The saga continues.

Larry Miller