The Spridget Buletin Board and Discussion Group...

To: Spridget List <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: The Spridget Buletin Board and Discussion Group...
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:55:59 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Everybody,

Well, I just wanted to announce that my The Spridget Bulletin Board and
Discussion Group... that has been on my page for a while, no longer
requires java for you folks that are running decaf.  This means that
anyone who wants to leave messages on the site can do so without having
to have "high-tech" computer stuff.  The link is :

     http://www.GEOCITIES.COM/TheTropics/Shores/1256/newsgroup.html

This is a place where you can leave questions, comments, ads,
observations, stories, and basically anything else that you want for
everybody to see.  It's kinda like this list that everyone can see it
(though non list members can see this also) but the messages remain
there for you to read at you leisure.  The interface looks a lot like
e-mail, and you can reply right there to a message.  your message will
then be graphed in a thread to the original.  This allows you to easily
find the topics you are interested, and skip over the ones that you are
not.

I was thinking that this would be good for people who are selling parts
to place the master list, that was all they have to do is type it once,
then interested people can look there.  I don't care if you are a vendor
or not.  But, if anyone abuses it, I can and will delete excessive,
pointless, or tasteless messages.  And I do reserve the right to do this
at my discretion.  I also cannot swear that I will maintain this
forever.  But the maintenance is pretty easy, so I don't see me stopping
any time soon.

Please stop in and look at it.  The Java takes a few seconds to load,
but runs pretty quick after that.  The non-java guys link will only
appear if there computers do not have Java capabilities.  If there is
interest, I will make a non-java link for those folks who have Java, but
for one reason or another choose not to.

Look at it and let me know if there is a problem.  I kinda want to Beta
test this new setup a couple days, so please go in there and leave a
message so I can test it out.

Thanks

Patton

--
'67 Austin Healey Sprite MKIV

My Spritepage can be found at...
http://www.GEOCITIES.COM/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html

The Spridget Bulletin Board and Discussion Group...
Java is NO LONGER NEEDED!!!
http://www.GEOCITIES.COM/TheTropics/Shores/1256/newsgroup.html