Wire wheels (This should be my LAST message on this)

To: Spridget List <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Wire wheels (This should be my LAST message on this)
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 16:25:26 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK,

The wires are sandblasted, check for warps. painted, I have new tires,
have have all the hubs, spindles, knockoffs ready.  So it is time to
start getting ready for the conversion.

We have already ascertained that Duct tape works fine for the lining.
But I have a question about that.  Why are only the spoke ends in the
middle the only ones covered.  Why not the ones on the outer rim.  I
think I understand why there would be more rubbing there, but would it
not be an OK idea to tape over all of them, or Am I just wasting my
time.

As for mounting, is it true that is long as the shop that I take them to
has a machine that works from the rims, not the hub, it's OK to let them
do it?  Discount Tire down here tells me they can do this... and they
have the equipment... are they selling me a sack of $#!%??

Since I am not using eared knockoffs, can I use any old heavy hammer on
my lug wrench, or is there something mystical about a Thor hammer's
weight?

My rolling chassis will be done soon at least!!!! :)    Next Engine and
Tranny!!! :(

Thanks in advance,

Patton

--
67 Austin Healey Sprite MKIV

My Spritepage can be found at...
http://www.GEOCITIES.COM/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html

The Spridget Bulletin Board and Discussion Group...
Java is NO LONGER NEEDED!!!
http://www.GEOCITIES.COM/TheTropics/Shores/1256/newsgroup.html