Squealing noise

To: "'spridge'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Squealing noise
From: "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@cuusa.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 12:57:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok guys, It's getting cold in these parts and ready to put INKA away for
the
winter (1st snow).  I've got a 78 Midget and when I release the clutch
it makes
a loud squaling noise.  It engages ok and doesnt slip at all.  It mostly
happens
only in 1st gear starting out.  Is this the equivalent of a throwout
bearing ?????
If it is, I take it that the engine has got to be pulled,  then the
engine bay detailed,
and the starter replaced(I know that has to be done), and the motor
detailed, and
the new weber, and the headers, and the ..........     Where was I ????

Mike