RE: another brake question

To: "'alan b fisher'" <hello39@idt.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: another brake question
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:45:28 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Alan

I don't know if it's helpful but,

If it weren't happening front and rear I might think it was an internally
collapsed brake hose preventing pressure release, but two at once, while not
impossible, is unlikely. When I replaced/rebuilt my MC I had to fiddle a bit
with the length of the pushrod going into brake bore. (This is on an old 7/8"
bore combined brake/clutch) If it was too long, the brakes stayed "on" - the
lights stayed on also "some" of the time. The pedal feel was very hard though,
either all off or all on. Not really what I would call " a nice full pedal"  I
think this is because the piston prevents fluid from coming back up the pipe if
it doesn't come out far enough.

Phil Vanner

See you in a couple of weeks