Top down driving

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Top down driving
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 07:40:22 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Yesterday, I had the top down when I went home from work (it was in the mid
50's).  It was a pleasant drive, particularly sine I had managed to time it
so as to avoid all the  traffic.

Last night, my darling wife felt it was a bit too cool to have the top
down, so we took her car.

This morning it was 31 degrees, and I didn't look forward to the prospect
of struggling to put up a cold, stiff vinyl top, so I donned my leather
jacket and my Carrick wool cap, and off I went.  It was a bit nippy on the
freeway, but believe me, I'm A-WAKE!!

You wouldn't believe the stares I got on the freeway (then again, maybe you
might).  As I was parking a co-worker (MGB owner) walked by and asked; "You
DIDN'T drive in with the top DOWN, did you?"  When I just smiled, he said
"You're plumb NUTS!"  I just smiled and nodded as I finished snapping the
tonneau down.

Nice way to start a morning.

Chris Kotting  Who is NOT needing his usual cup of coffee.  =:^)
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget