1975 Midgets Only

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1975 Midgets Only
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 19:23:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Folks,
        Good ole Moss Motors has come out with a new Sprite-Midget catalog
(Edition SPM-04).  A quick glance through it shows not much differences
except for the following note about cooling hoses:

"Note:  1975 Midgets were subject to a warranty modification to the cooling
system which involved changing the thermostat housing, expansion tank,
hoses, and inserting a T-fitting in the large L/H hose from the radiator to
the thermostat housing to allow fitment of a thermo-vac switch.  Therefore,
details above for 1975 will not match all 1975 cars"

Man, I wondered what that thing was in the hose was.  Being a budding DPO,
the valve thing was not put back when I replaced all the cooling hoses.
However, it was not thrown away but carefully stored.  (someplace!!)

Anybody know where all the vacuum hoses from this "thermo-vac switch" go to
- I seem to remember 4 or 5 vacuum pick up points on the switch.

Or, is it worth bothering with anyway?

Happy Motoring,    Adrian