Torque question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Torque question
From: jphender@inav.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 09:00:13 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello everyone!

Thanks for all of the advice on cleaning the carbs and fuel system.  I
used "Gunk" carb and parts cleaner and it seemed to do a pretty good job.
The butterfly valve still has some black crud on it that I have yet to
dislodge but it did a good job on all of the aluminum parts.

The float bowl had what appeared to be rust-dust sediment in it so the
tank may be shedding some rust.  I will try boiling it but I don't want to
do anything to it until I'm ready to fill it.

I have another quick question:  I bought brass nuts to affix the manifolds
to my 1275.  I'm no genius but my guess is that those are easily stripped.
My Bentley manual didn't have a torque spec for these and I was hoping
someone on the list could help me.

Thanks!

Jim Henderson

HAN9U78817G  Sprite MKIV