Fuel pressure question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel pressure question
From: jphender@inav.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:19:50 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
A guy at work who has heard me talk at length about my Sprite and how I am
putting it back together at the pace of 1 bolt per day finally spoke up
and said what many of you have probably thought: "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP
AND START THE *@#*&  THING ALREADY?!?!?"

Really, just a few things need to be bolted on before I can at least hear
it run.  Will I need to complete my refurbishment of the entire fuel
system or will it run with fuel fed by gravity (from an elevated jug)?
Would I have to get out my old mechanics and manometry books and calculate
how much and how high?  Is exact fuel pressure critical?

Also, the serial number plates (engine and car) are really poorly
stamped and hard to read.  Is this normal?  Is making new ones akin to
forgery?

Thanks!

Jim Henderson
'69 Sprite MKIV HAN9U788G with 12CDaH0550