Resting engine

Subject: Resting engine
From: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 18:00:53 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello again list.  Today's question is about the engine
in my 73 Midget.  It was removed from the car some
time ago (probably last decade).  It's sitting on the
ground in the weather w/a tarp over it right now.  The
engine will turn over but doing so pumped water
out of the exhaust manifold!  So, I asked an engine
person, and he said (what I believed all along) that it
definitely isn't good in the weather.  I guess the bores
are bad.  Should I disassemble the engine and coat
the cyl. walls with oil while the body of the car is being
restored.  It will be months before I'm ready to rebuild
the engine but I want it to be save-able when the
time comes.  It's a 1275 w/ a questionable 57000mi
on it.  Thanks.

Tyson Sherman
<http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/>