Re: JC Whitney / my favorite JC Whitney accessory

To: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: JC Whitney / my favorite JC Whitney accessory
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 00:28:07 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Anyway I need to find out how I can get a JC Whitney catalog.

I would try "toll-free information" at 800-555-1212.  Ask them if they have
a listing for J.C. Whitney & Co - I believe they are located in Chicago and
probably have a toll-free order line.  Call it and they will most likely
refer you to another phone number to get a catalog.  Alternatively, regular
information may work (xxx-555-1212), but there are several area codes for
Chicago you would have to try

I have used toll-free info to locate companies in the past, and (best of
all) as the name implies - the call is free.  Who could ask for more.

My favorite JC Whitney accessory of all time was an automatic headlamp
cleaner they had years ago.  The accessory mounted to the headlamp with a
suction cup and had three rotating brushes that twirled in the wind,
brushing dirt from the lens.  Bet they looked pretty interesting going down
the road!

When I was 14, I bought an airless paint sprayer from them for $20 or so and
tried to paint my very first car with it in the machine shed.  Ah, the
innocence of youth.... memories....

Regards,

Les Myer
PDLJMPR