Re: LONG: Chain of events: Dont let this happen to you!

To: "Gary S." <speckman@coredcs.com>
Subject: Re: LONG: Chain of events: Dont let this happen to you!
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 05:26:38 -0600
Cc: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>, "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@cuusa.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Grattan Raceway, Aug.1995, MKII Sprite #99

shifter fork screws up on track in practise, nuetral everywhere, push to
the pits, realize spare tranny's 10 hours round trip minimum on a Friday
through Chicago, so we decide we'll fix what we got. Swipe a 4"x4" sign
post, with oil still in engine and tranny, hook up a chain, one end of
the post on my brother's shoulder, one end on mine... muscle the thing
out. (remember, you've got to lift pretty high to get over the front of
a MKII).

Lay the bad boy down on its side, remove the tranny side cover, fix the
offending shifter fork , reassemble, muscle the motor and trans back in,
hook everything back up.

Made the next practise session... 2 1/2 hours total down time.

Used to be able to have a VW engine out in 10 minutes, and back in in
15... was a younger man then...

WST
Team Thicko