Re: Distributors

To: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: Distributors
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 07:59:14 -0500
Cc: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Brian Evans wrote:
> >is that there is no particular right way to install a distributor that can be
> >rotated 360 degrees.  What's wrong with this assumption?
>
> Nothing.

  Well, it will work in any orientation. However, it sort
of has a "right" way because the micrometer adjustment
for timing really ergonomically should be in a certain
place.

  As well, the vacuum lumps on the side might limit that
360 spin, depending on layout. The 45DE4 also has the big
lump on the side and only goes a certain way.

  I think it's much like a steering wheel, it really
could be bolted on in any position, but it does
have a "right" orientation which makes things make
more sense.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada