Getting Nowhere Fast

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Getting Nowhere Fast
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 97 17:15:28 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well I reversed the coil and reinstalled the old distributor and took it out
for a spin, no joy.  Tried it without the resistor in the circuit, still no
joy, but it seems a little better, the miss appeared at longer intervals. When
driving at a constant speed 3500-4500 RPM every 2 or 3 miles it will start to
misfire. It has yet to do it under acceleration. I can disengage the clutch
and rev the engine as much as I want (up and down) and it continues to miss.
I can let up the gas, disengage the clutch, and let the engine go to idle and
it stops immediately. I checked the voltage to and from the coil and I see
12-13 volts everywhere. Earlier I took the Webber apart and checked the float
as per the Haynes manual and it was o.k. I also installed a pressure regulator
and set it at 2.5 pounds. I think I will wait until I get the Aldon
distributor back and then try again. I need more thoughts on this, anybody
game?

Larry Miller