Re: "For what it's worth" department.

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: "For what it's worth" department.
From: Dave Brown <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 20:44:54 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Dave Brown wrote:
> > LA's recycler has a 60 Sprite advertised for $300.00.
> > I called the guy: (909)678-4182.
> > Name is Reed Nichols, says he repairs Brit cars in Lake Elsinore (not
> > too far from Anaheim--maybe Bob E. knows of him) and and lost some
> > storage space.
>
>   Any chance they have a fax?

I could spend the nickle & call the guy back monday and ask if he has a
fax.Did not have an eMail address listed. Maybe he has a fax.

> Is it a person or a company/junkyard
> selling the car.

Sounded like he is in the business of repairing Britcars & keeps spares,
just lost some storage space.

> > The car as described has fiberglass front and rear with a whale tail
> >
> > Maybe someone is interested?
>
>   I'd like to see the glass parts, but I'd rather fax him a request
> rather than call.
>
> . I've had bad experiences with 20 minute
> long distance phone calls to get my point across to somebody
> who works in a junkyard all their life, only to find out they
> weren't at all interested in shipping anyways.

I'll let you know.
Sounded intelligent on the phone. May sell parts but the ad was for the
whole car.The ad can be seen at www.recycler.com.

>   Any help appreciated.

I like your attitude:-)

Dave