Re: 2nd Carb: Not so good

To: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Subject: Re: 2nd Carb: Not so good
From: jphender@inav.net
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:07:33 -0600 (CST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks George!

That is just the kind of
"rub-some-dirt-in-that-compund-fracture-and-walk-it-off" pep talk I have
grown to love (and expect!) from this group!  At first I was kind of
dismayed when I recieved some messages from kind souls who recommended I
send both carbs away to expert repair people or buy rebuilts.  I have this
car because I want to work on it.  (My thanks to those people anyway!)

Actually, things looked up later.  I found the needle for the float and
was able to secure the piston key.  I used a large socket as an anvil and
used a pointed punch to expand the brass. For now I will just get a new
metering needle and I'm ready to proceed!

Jim Henderson
SPRITE MKIV HAN9U78817G