which datsun 210

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: which datsun 210
From: tobisj@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 97 08:19:04 CST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
chuck,
My 210 5speed conveniently had the model # stamped on the top
of the bellhousing where it connects to the engine so I could
read it while it was still in the car.  It was on the car's id
plate as well.  The number is FS5W60A.  Just make sure the car is
a 210 and 5 speed.  (four speeds will work, too)  Mine came out
of a wagon but I think they're all the same.  Don't forget the
shifter, speedo cable, and driveshaft.  The shifter may seem
sloppy from use but your local nissan dealer carries bushings
that easily install for a like-new feeling.  I cut about 8" off
the lever, drilled, and tapped the end for a 5/16" automotive stud
to hold the shift knob (fine thread into the lever, coarse thread
for the knob).  I also sprang for the opptional RRP speedo drive
and cable that's custom built for this app.

Good Luck
Shawn