Boiled the Tank

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Boiled the Tank
From: jphender@inav.net
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:00:45 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all,

Per Frank's suggestion, I filled my old fuel tank with water and set it
boiling on the gas grille on Saturday.  I also added a quart of vinegar to
the mix.  Wow!  when I poured it out after four hours boiling, the water
was really dark! The first rinse was still pretty dark.  From what I can
see from the sending unit hole, it looks really clean.  There are
discolorations but no flakes that I can see.

Buffed it off and painted it yesterday. Looks nice.  I'll keep my fingers
crossed and my filters fresh for awhile.

Jim Henderson '69 Sprite MKIV