Re: more brit terms

To: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: more brit terms
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:38:06 -0600
Cc: lmyer@qtm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

A.D.Smith wrote:

> It's also used over here in those little model steam engines, in burners for
>heating
> up those stone things you use for cooking at the table (don't know what you
>call
> those in the US, in France it's a "pierrade"), and (with a wick) in little
>spirit
> lamps you can get to give to people for Christmas and stuff.

So we are talking about liquid Sterno?

Sounds like Everclear might work as well since its as close to pure alcohol
that the
average Joe can buy.  That is if it is only denatured for legal reasons.  Am I
understanding all of the correctly?

White Spirits to me mean Run, Vodka, Gin, ect... At least that's what that
means in the
alcohol beverage industry.

--
Patton "Wino"  Dickson                              Dallas, TX

1967 Austin-Healey Sprite                   H-AN9-L/69437
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html