Re: Emissions stuff

To: "Nolan, Michael F." <MICHAEL_NOLAN@cuusa.com>, "'spridge'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Emissions stuff
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 97 12:40:35 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>I currently have a 78 Midget 1500. I plan on converting to a Weber
>Downdraft carb.  I also plan on removing cat (no smog law) and replacing
>with headers and free flow exhaust.  The question is
>What can be removed (pollution stuff) when I convert and is there
>anything I have to plug/add ???
>
>Thanks,
>Mike
All of it!
No.
When you take the manifolds off there is nothing left on that side of the
engine to connect. The airpump and stuff can come off as well. I am not
entirely sure what to do about the canister. I ran a tube to the pcv line
and back to the carb.
Anybody have any other suggestions??

Larry Macy
78 Midget