Re: PCV valve/breather

To: Chas Douglass <chasd@halcyon.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: PCV valve/breather
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:47:31 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My '62 Midget doesn;t have a valve, and I seem to have no untoward leaks.
Though I waont vouch for whether that was "original" or not, given the fact
teh the PO found this car in a barn under alot of unmentionabl stuff.

Greg

At 06:00 AM 11/27/97 -0800, Chas Douglass wrote:
>My '60 Sprite appears to have a PCV valve on the breather tube between
>the rocker cover and the air cleaner.  I don't see this part listed by
>Moss (although I've missed stuff before!), and I find no mention of it
>in the shop manual.
>
>This valve sits, or is supposed to sit, in a rubber grommet/seal in the
>rocker cover.  The grommet, valve, and breather tube are all in rotten
>shape, and I want to "fix" it.
>
>The engine appears to be the later 948 from an MG and not the original
>948.
>
>Any suggestions?  Is the PCV valve a late addition that I can just
>scrap?  If so, where would I get a fitting, or what might I use to make
>a new breather tube just "plug in" to the rocker cover?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats