Parts washer?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Parts washer?
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 09:46:34 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I was looking at a parts washer this weekend at Pep Boys.  Little bitty
thing that costs $69.00.  Surely there is a cheaper way to get one.  Has
anybody ever made a parts washer?  If so, what kind of pump did you use,
and what other parts were involved?  I have an idea of how to go about
it, but want to see if anybody else has ever done it.

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about (I encountered
that at a lot of autoparts stores, actually), a parts washer is a basin,
like a sink, that has a hose/faucet thing that sprays a volatile
chemical, usually parts cleaner or something like SuperClean, into a
basin or sink.  The liquid is recycled using a tank below the basin,
until it is too dirty to be used anymore, then the chemical is disposed
of properly, and the tank refilled.  The washer has the effect of being
able to take your car parts and stick them under the kitchen faucet for
a few seconds to clean them.  They are very convenient for cleaning
parts...very fast and not messy.  The trick is making sure you have a
pump that can withstand exposure to the chemicals.

If anybody has any ideas, let me know!

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes