Hood installiation

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hood installiation
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 17:13:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all,
I just got me a new Amco hood for the Bugeye (I can see, I can see!)  Bad
time of year to be putting that sucker on as it is a bit chilly outside and
the hood ain't real stretchy right now.  I did the easy stuff and put the
front and rear bars in and pulled like hell to get the front bar to roll
into it's slot in the windscreen. (All the while, my normally supportive
wife was saying, "You idiot. Its too cold to be doing that. I'm not
helping.")

Anyway, I let the hood stay in that position for a few days now (in the
garage). There is still no way for me to stretch the forward tabs over the
windscreen studs to mark them with chalk.  Should I remove the hood bow and
do it that way?  Ditto for the Tenax studs and turnbuckle?

All you Northern Bugeye owners chirp in at any time now and tell this
warm-blooded Southerner how to do this. BTW, last time I installed a hood
was in the summer of '75 on an MGA. It was a bitch then too. I have
repressed those memories though.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff
'59 Bugeye AN5L 11627