RE: Insurance Info...Please Read!!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "british-cars@autox.team.net" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Insurance Info...Please Read!!
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:33:46 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I agree with the sentiments expressed, but there are exceptions to the
"insurance companies are out to screw you" rule.  We've carried both our
automobile and household insurance with Motorists Mutual for years.  We've
been offered (slightly) lower premiums from other insurers, but we've had
two claims with Motorists (one burglary, one totaled car).  In both cases
the claims were settled within a week, at FULL replacement value, no
hassles.

That's the advantage in going with a "mutual" insurance company.  The
policyholders generally are the stockholders (complete with voting rights),
so there's no outside party to try to make a profit for.  They tend to be
more responsive to their policyholders.

Usual disclaimers: I have no financial interest in Motorists (aside from
the fact that it's a mutual insurance company), blah, blah, blah.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net