Re: Expensive machining - are these prices normal?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Expensive machining - are these prices normal?
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:27:05 -0500
Cc: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
That sounds outrageous.  Call around.  I only spent $145 on machining
this time around, including boring .020, polishing the crank,
resurfacing flywheel, mounting the piston on the rods, etc etc, plus
freeze plugs and testing the head for cracks.  The most I have ever
spent was about $275.  I got my head remanufactured for around $200 this
time, too, including valve job, new seats, etc (and fixing the crack by
welding instead of plugging).  Shop around!

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes

http://user.icx.net/~adrian/