Flooded Carb

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Flooded Carb
From: Chas Douglass <chasd@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 22:41:47 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
First project on the Sprite is brakes -- they're still under way...

Second project is carbs.  PO pointed out strong tendency to flood when
starting.  I stripped carbs, rebuilt with standard rebuild kit, and put
back together.  The jet in the float of the rear carb MAY have been
stuck, but I'm not sure...

At any rate, got it all back together and: the rear carb floods.  In
fact, gas drips from the jet (new).

Any ideas?  I've double/triple checked the float and it seems to be
fine.  Could the carb jet bearing (not replaced) possibly be the
culprit?  I can't think of much else to adjust/replace!

Thanks!

Chas Douglass -- Seattle WA