Nickel plating

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nickel plating
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:51:29 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Several people have expressed an interest in nickel plating.  Nickel
plating and metal blackening kits are also available from:

               Frost Auto Restoration Techniques Ltd.
               Crawford Street
               Rochdale, Lancashire  OL16  5NU
               Tel:  44-1706-658616
               FAX:  44-1706-860338
               E-mail:  art@frost.co.uk

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Frost, it is a major supplier
of tools and supplies for automotive restoration.  An excellent source,
and outstanding catalog with many items that simply are not available
here.  They are similar to Eastwood, but with a much larger catalog that
is directed at meeting the needs of the English classic car owner.  When
you look at Frost's prices, remember that they will deduct the VAT from
the published price.  In some cases, their prices are substantially less
than in America.

I picked a kit up at the "Classic and Sports Car" show in May, and have
not yet had a chance to use it.  I bought my kit from:

              Tec-Nick
              92-98 Haltwhistle Road
              Western Industrial Area
              South Woodham Ferrers
              Chelmsford, Esses  CM3  5ZF
              England
              Tel:  44-1245-325985
              FAX:  44-1245-325984

They have a wide range of plating kits and supplies, including those for
nickel, black nickel, copper, zinc, and black oxide.  There is a wide
range of prices, and I paid about $73 for mine.