Re: chassis plate

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: chassis plate
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 09:34:26 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos,

we have recently established that the number is also stamped into the
chassis next to the right front shock absorber.  Since that number is
stamped, the inspection guys might prefer that one anyway.. The only
question is, do euro cars have the stamped number as well?
I would be interested in knowing the answer to that question anyway.

Ulix

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Evangelos G. Makris wrote:

> The chassis number plate on my MkIII Sprite
> is seriously fading and I'm pretty sure the
> local MoT guys will give me a hard time.
>
> Where can I get a replacement AUSTIN plate,
> you know, the black round edged plate with silver
> lettering and a silver strip where the
> HAN8... goes?
>
> So far I've only seen accessories catalogues
> with "MG" plates and this won't do.
>
> Regards and Happy Holidays
>
> Evangelos
> 1966 MkIII Sprite