Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal

To: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:14:07 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Steve Obert wrote:

> Does anyone have any wiz bang tricks for getting a siezed outer fulcrum pin
> out. I am taking about the pin from the lower control arm to the king pin.
> I tried about everything I can think of and it still refuses to budge.  It
> seems to be stuck in the kingpin.

 Lots of penatrating oil, heat, more oil, more heat and a really big screw
driver.
They are screwed in not driven or pressed in.
And then try more penatrating oil and a lot of heat. (Mapp gas works better
then Propane but a set of torches really does the trick.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites