Santa's Exhaust System and a dumb question!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Santa's Exhaust System and a dumb question!
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 17:14:28 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Spridgeteers:

Santa (could also have been the neighbors) was good to me this year
and dropped a new exhaust system down the chimney along with a few
other bits and pieces.  But I got a question (no big surprise) This
new "stock" tail pipe and muffler look like they are a little smaller
diameter than what's on the 1275 now.  Also the burned out muffler on
the car now has a chrome pipe out of the muffler and the new one
doesn't, does anybody know what was original. Mine appears to be a
replacement as there is just the single muffler and no pipe that runs
behind the gas tank. If what Santa brought isn't right I am sure that
he would exchange if for the right thing.

Oh yea,  I almost forgot another dumb question.  I have all of the
service manuals and the original paperwork that came with my car, but
I can't find the engine oil capacity for the 1275 in any of my books.
I have found that with a new filter it takes about 3.5 qts to fill it
up. Then I got to thinking (usually dangerous) that I don't know if it
has the right dip stick.  Now I can't sleep wondering if there is
enough oil in the pan to keep "Sherlock" happy.?

I would like thank all of you that have helped me with the 1000 dumb
questions about my car this year.  It runs great and looks good too,
your help has been most appreciated and has saved me many hours of
searching for the answers. May the new year bring you prosperity and
happiness.

New improved multiple hobby tag line:

Mark, WB0NOO
70 MG Midget