Re: Bosch coil - elec. ign. question

To: Christopher T Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Subject: Re: Bosch coil - elec. ign. question
From: Rick / Carolyn Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 03:39:58 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,

I noticed this when the coil went bad in the B.  I have a sport coil
feeding it presently.  They tell me it will wear out sooner as it can't
dissipate the heat of higher current flowing through it.  I carry a set
of old points for emergencies.  It hasn't left me stranded yet, knock on
wood.  If it's like most electronic's it will fail open at the most
inopertune time.  I would recomend carrying such.
BTW I also carry spare cap and rotor for same reasons.

Rick

52 MGTD, 74 B, 76 XJ12C (wife's), & Puddles (60 Frogeye)

http://www.softcom.net/users/walters