NOT a doorstop, NOT a paperweight!!!!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: NOT a doorstop, NOT a paperweight!!!!
From: Jim Henderson <jphender@inav.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 05:50:04 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

ATTENTION ALL SPRIDGENAUTS!!!  THE '69 RUNS!!!!!!!!

Well, not perfectly, but she has a pulse!  It was kind of
an abbreviated test because of some small problems.  I
gerryrigged one of the spark plug wires and made a fine
insulator of it.  I think I was flooding it too.  It only
ran about 500 RPM floored, but I had about 50 lbs of oil
pressure.  (How much is good?) The whole test only lasted
about 30 seconds.

The big stopper is that I think I ruined the siphon in the
fuel tank when I boiled it.  The pump pushes vapor but no
liquid.  Thumb over fuel line stops the pump.  I had to fill
the bowls like Frank suggested to make it run.

I have two fuel filters in line:  The main one between the
tank and the pump and a temporary one just before the carbs.

Quite a display of blue smoke!  I may have overdone keeping oil
in the cylinders during storage.

Anyway, first detonation in ten years was successful!!!
Thanks to everyone for all the help past and future!

Jim Henderson
Sprite MKIV '69