Re: The longest time...part 2

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The longest time...part 2
From: Christopher Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:44:44 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I forgot one thing.
This probably seems like the smallest of minor details, but...when I
started reassembling my Midget, I went to the local Orchard Supply
Hardware, and bought new bolts and nuts (on many separate trips).  Mostly
grade 5, a few grade 8, standard or nylock nuts depending on where they
were going.  If this is not out of your budget, I can't recommend it too
highly.  After rebuilding other LBCs and just reusing nasty, cruddy bolts,
sometimes having to fix the threads, this car was a breeze.  When I needed
a bolt...there it was, and it went in so easily, and the head hadn't been
beat on or almost rounded off by some PO or another.  I know it probably
seems kinda silly, but I'll never do another one any other way.

Also, I got 3 plastic divided organizers and labeled them: 1/4, 3/8, and
1/2, and since practically all the fasteners are these sizes (mostly 1/4
and 3/8), in fine thread BTW, I could keep them all handy and organized.

Just a helpful hint from,
CTP

ps - I bet that many of you on the list are starting to think that I'm some
sort of neat freak after some of the 'helpful hint' posts I have sent...the
fact is I AM THE KING OF SLOBS, and HAD to find a way of keeping things
from getting lost or out of hand when dealing with the hundreds of tiny
parts of my beloved LBCs.