Re: Rust bucket (seats)

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rust bucket (seats)
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 20:18:01 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,

The PO of my Midget did some repair work to the trunk of his Camaro using a
tape and metal impregnated paint.  The end result looked very good, and
seems to be pretty sturdy as well.  If you are interested in this as a
possible solution, I can get in touch with him and get more specifics on
the product.

Greg

At 03:13 PM 1/7/98 -0800, b-evans@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>I have acquired some very rusty seats, both pan and back, for the Mark I
>Sprites.  The rust on the pans, particularly, is significant to the
>point of rot in a few places.  On the principle that nothing on a Sprite
>is so bad that it should be thrown away (well, almost), I would like to
>resurrect these parts, and would throw the question out for advice.  For
>example, how about strengthening them with fiberglass?
>
>Bob Evans
>Anaheim, California

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats