questions about mk III midget

To: "midget list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: questions about mk III midget
From: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 17:43:03 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all -

I have a few questions about my '73 midget (sorry, I don't have the ID
handy).

1) Are the original side mirrors on a '73 midget sort of egg-shaped,
getting taller
further from car, as opposed to round or egg-shaped?  I currently have no
mirrors,
and I want to know what is original.  I'm certainly not above buying the
generic
lucas mirrors.  What have others done for replacements, and which
non-original
mirrors look best?  Anyone mount them on the wings?

2) I have a tonneau with pouches for the headrests.  Would I gain anything
by
installing a tonneau bar?  Or was this only for pre-headrest cars?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but that's it for now.   Thanks!

Dustin Howarth
'73 Midget  'Margo'
howarth@pulsenet.com
Pittsburgh, PA