Re: AN9 vs. AN10

To: Trummel <trummel@caa.army.mil>
Subject: Re: AN9 vs. AN10
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 20:11:10 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Trummel wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Can anyone explain to me, in a short sound bite that even I
> can understand, what's the diff between an AN9 and an AN10?
>
> I'm making a chart/table on Sprite production, and I don't
> have a lot of books that address this.  It seems like they
> are both square-bodied convertibles with 1275 cc engines --
> so why did they change the series number from 9 to 10?
>
> TIA.  Befuddled in Bethesda.  Reid

 Reid

the AN10 which was an AA10 and not HAN10 was the first Sprite (only Sprite) to
not
have the Healey name associated with it. It was truly an Austin Sprite.
the last H series (Healey Sprite) was in 1969 the AA10 Austin Sprite was 1970
and
maybe a few 71s, non made it to the US via legal import channels.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites