Re: CA Smog and the DMV

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CA Smog and the DMV
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 10:06:18 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Friday, 9 January 1998 at 18:43, Christopher Palmer wrote:

>No Headers...I'm just gonna bring the pipes right out thru
>the bonnet so the flames shoot at passers by! (oh yea...no
>room for a bonnet anyway)

Remember, too much is not enough, and overkill, well, that's just about
right!

Back in high school (what with the 15 year reunion this year, and an
eight year old girl who has mastered the art of saying, "Daaaddddyy....,"
I am almost an OF) one of the local guys used to literally shoot flames
out his side pipes.  I can't remember how exactly it was set up, but I do
remember it involved an additional coil, a spark plug and a windshield
washer jet in the tip of each pipe, an overly rich carb mixture, and an
additional windshield washer reservoir and pump filled with rubbing
alcohol.

The car didn't have to be running to light 'em off, either.  I once seen
him scare the living hell out of a couple of wannabee hardasses who
wouldn't quit leaning against his car....

Ahhhh, the days when we were young and dumb, and didn't know the meaning
of the word liability.

Rich